As a business owner, you know that fuel is a considerable expense for your business, especially if you own a fleet of trucks or heavy-duty equipment that are always working. We have faced record-high gasoline and diesel prices in recent years. So it makes sense to start looking at ways to reduce your overall fuel costs. Luckily for you, we have the answer, our fleet fueling program!
The Greg’s Petroleum Service fleet fueling program is designed to make managing your fuel expenses easier. As a member of this program, your company will be issued fleet fueling cards to use with a network of card lock fueling sites. These cards make tracking expenses easier, cutting back on unnecessary spending and controlling fuel consumption. But that’s not the only benefit of this program. Here are ten more benefits your business will see when you sign up.
- Competitive commercial pricing: Cardlock fuel pricing is based on the Oil Price Information Services (OPIS) price plus the cost of the fleet fueling program. At retail fueling sites, you pay the price listed and additional pump fees, and the price at the pump can vary from location to location. This price discrepancy can cost your business money if you travel around. But at card lock fueling sites, the price remains relatively the same in geographical areas.
- Easy access to pumps: You know how difficult it can be if you’ve ever tried to navigate a semi-truck rig, a truck with a trailer or heavy machinery around the pump at a retail location. Retail locations are not set up with enough space for larger vehicles, and it can be very frustrating and time-consuming to try to squeeze your vehicle into the smaller space. Cardlock sites are different. These sites don’t have retail stores and are not set up for retail customers. They are exclusively designed for fleet fueling members, so the pumps are spaced out with enough room for larger vehicles and semi-truck trailers to get into position. You also don’t have to worry about waiting for your turn at the pump. Most cardlock sites are easy to access, so you can pull up, fuel and get back on the road, saving your business time and money.
- 24/7 access. Another benefit of card lock fuel sites is that they are unmanned, so you don’t have to worry about opening hours. So no matter what time of day you travel, you’ll be able to fill up your vehicle quickly and efficiently. This level of access also makes it easier to cut back on unnecessary stops or delays on long-haul trips so that you can finish your deliveries faster!
- Nationwide access: Greg’s Petroleum Service fleet fueling program is part of the CFN Fleetwide fueling network, which has over 57,000 card lock locations nationwide. As part of the program, you will gain access to their Fleetwide app, which makes it easier to find the nearest CFN card lock site for your convenience. The app also updates local pricing and driver alerts in case a site is temporally shut down. You can also search for retail fueling sites or truck stops for long-haul journeys as well.
- Fuel card limits: A big concern many business owners face with fueling programs is the risk of fuel fraud. Employees may unintentionally or intentionally use their fuel-buying privileges for their gain, which costs your business money. But with our program, you can set daily transaction limits, select fuel type and amounts, specify which days of the week they can use the card and more. It gives you far more control over your fuel budget than a traditional fueling card or a company-issued credit card.
- Transaction reporting: To help prevent fuel fraud and to control your budget, you’ll also get more detailed transaction reporting access through our web portal. Using this tool, you can monitor your fuel consumption more closely. You’ll also get alerts for any suspicious or unusual activity on the card so you can prevent fuel fraud.
- Consolidated billing: One of our customer’s favorite features of the fleet fueling program is the ability to consolidate your billing. Everything you need to track your fuel budget and prepare for tax season is all in one place. Instead of collecting receipts, calculating costs, and updating the budget, you have access to all the information you need to stay on top of your fuel costs in our fleet fueling web portal.
- Local support: If you ever run into an issue with your card or the web portal access, our fleet fueling team is just a call away. We’re here to help you resolve any problems and ensure that the program works for your business.
- Card suspension is easy: If you do find that a driver is misusing their fuel card privileges or has misplaced their card, it’s easy for our team to replace or suspend the card. This way, you don’t have to worry about the card being used by someone else.
- Diesel users have access too! Another benefit of the fleet fueling program is that the card lock network includes diesel fueling sites. Many sites are designed for diesel trucks and over-the-road driver’s needs so you can get the fuel you need no matter where you are.
Controlling and monitoring your fuel budget is hard, but it doesn’t have to be. With access to our fleet fueling program, you’ll have more control and data on your fuel budget than ever before. This information will enable your business to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to fuel costs and monitor your budget needs better. In this economy, that kind of control is critical for businesses looking for any savings they can find. So if you have further questions about our fleet fueling program, give our team a call, and we’ll be happy to go over it with you.